Instructional Aide II - Special Education
Company: Spectrum Center Inc.
Location: Chino Hills
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Spectrum Center Schools , a growing, dynamic organization with a
social mission to offer hope is seeking Instructional Aides to join
our award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture
that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers
limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction!
If you thrive in a fast-paced,
goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with
genuine purpose, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of
humor, and a stellar work ethic - We Should Talk! ---
As an Instructional Aide, you will provide individualized
supervision and instruction to assigned students and additional
support to the core classroom staff. Working with student(s) to
implement their Individualized Education Programs (IEP), you will
utilize group and individual instruction in the classroom and
- Implementing curriculum (including all on-site and
community-based instruction) and behavioral intervention strategies
consistent with the letter and intent of the IEP/ITP (Individual
Transition Plan)/ PBIP (Positive Behavior Intervention Plan) to
meet each student's goals and objectives.
- Consulting with supervisor on the progress of students and the
implementation of the IEP/ITP/PBIP, and assisting in transition
plans for integrating the student back to a public school placement
(mainstreaming/inclusion) or to an adult program. Writing progress
reports, developing and modifying data sheets, and developing
- Following the classroom schedule which addresses each student's
IEP/ITP goals including community and vocational goals, group
instruction, any designated instructional services (DIS) and/or
- Completing accurate and timely documentation on student's
behavior as outlined by school procedures; reporting observations
to relevant staff and making recommendations based on observations.
Assisting in preparation of other behavioral reports and daily
activities log as required, and maintaining confidentiality of
student information and records at all times.
- Participating in the data collection process by collecting,
recording, and maintaining data required by student programs,
classroom records, and data computer systems as assigned by
supervisor; and providing input for the development of Functional
Analyses of Behavior and Positive Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Performing job coaching duties as assigned, by assisting in the
training of students, on campus or at community job sites in
appropriate work behavior and specific employment skills. Keeping
supervisor informed of issues regarding student's vocational skills
- Providing for the basic physical needs of students as needed
(e.g. toileting and diapering, ensuring students receive their
medications, assisting with feeding students, assisting with
- Maintaining safety and security of the facility through close
observation and monitoring of the students, maintaining optimal
physical proximity, remaining alert at all times, and using
analytical forethought to anticipate potentially volatile or unsafe
situations to proactively intervene.
- Complying with all company policies/procedures and regulatory
requirements, and reporting any known or suspected violations to
his/her supervisor or through other means identified in company
- Providing appropriate crisis intervention as necessary using
the least restrictive method by anticipating and responding quickly
to escalating behaviors, utilizing appropriate de-escalation
techniques to diffuse the situation, correctly prioritizing safety
concerns, following proper physical restraint techniques, and
displaying neutral emotions.
- Meeting school and regulatory training requirements by
attending all mandatory meetings and training sessions as
- Assuring cleanliness and orderliness of the classroom by
assisting in cleaning, filing, and preparing materials and
proactively assisting in all security, maintenance, and safety
functions as required for the overall facility.
- Participating as a team member and promoting a positive work
environment by demonstrating cooperation, compromise, appropriate
expression of opinion, and by treating others with consideration,
courtesy, and respect.
- Assisting with other daily classroom functions and special
assignments as directed; including, but not limited to, substitute
- Acting as the primary instructor, supervisor and mentor to
students and staff when the teacher is absent, including credential
communication coverage with families and management of classroom
systems as needed.
- Providing classroom orientation for new staff per agency
guidelines and as directed by the teacher.
- Assisting with the planning and preparation of educational
materials and activities and maintaining individual student data
binders and communication devices/books.
- Assisting the teacher in managing the classroom budget, records
- Serving as an aide (also known as a "rider") to provide
supervision and management of student behavior during
transportation routes in Spectrum owned vehicles (at applicable
- Providing (at applicable campuses) transportation for students
by driving a Spectrum owned vehicle with student/s who require
transportation to and/or from school. This responsibility requires
an employee provided DMV driving record report.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Spectrum Center Schools is a division of Chancelight Education ,
the nation's leading provider of alternative and special education
programs for children and young adults. For more than 45 years, and
in partnership with over 235 school districts nationwide, we have
helped change the direction of more than 240,000 student lives
Learn more about our history, our mission, and the program services
we provide by visiting the links below:
As a member of the Chancelight family
you will be provided with the opportunity to make meaningful
impacts, the support needed to achieve success, and all the tools
essential to reaching your personal & professional fulfillment!
Additional Perks and Benefits Include:
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- Virtual Medical Visits
- Health Savings Account
- Paid Time Off
- School Hours and Paid Holiday Schedule
- Company Paid Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k Options
- Legal Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Opportunities for Growth & Development
- And So Much More! If you're ready to start changing the
direction of students' lives by providing them the opportunity to
create successful, independent futures - this is your Chance !
Join us and start making a genuine difference in the lives of
Chancelight Careers Work. With Purpose.
- Hold currently or have the ability to obtain an "Emergency 30
Day Sub Permit" within 90 days of starting employment.
- Working knowledge of computer software applications such as
Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Solid motivational skills and willingness to be flexible and
adapt to changing priorities and new initiatives.
- Ability to think and act quickly and calmly in an emergency
situation and make independent decisions.
- Prior experience working with individuals with disabilities
and/or in a special education setting preferred.Preferred
- Minimum three years' prior experience working with students in
an education setting. Education Required
- Bachelors or better in Education or related field Licenses &
- Driver Licenses
- 30 Day Substitute Permit Skills Required
- Special Education Behaviors Preferred
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all
details necessary to get the task done well
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the
ability to contribute to the success of a project or the
organization Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Spectrum Center Inc., Chino Hills , Instructional Aide II - Special Education, Education / Teaching , Chino Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!