Medical Laboratory Technician
Company: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center
Location: Chino Hills
Posted on: May 10, 2022
Under supervision performs pre-analytical, analytical and
post-analytical phases of all testing with speed and accuracy as
authorized under California State Business and Professions Code .
Analyzes test results in accordance with the patient population
(e.g. pediatric, neonatal, adolescent, adult, and geriatric
patients). Reviews and reports test results to the appropriate
provider or location. Maintains quality control, quality assurance
and preventive maintenance according to department policy.
Successfully interacts with all laboratory computer systems.
Maintains yearly state determined educational requirements.
- Upholds Kaiser Permanente's Policies and Procedures, Principles
of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local
- Performs Phlebotomy.
- Performs and records instrument preventive maintenance
- Documents daily, weekly and monthly maintenance procedures as
determined by department protocol.
- Performs and records quality control results as determined by
- Verifies all requirements of test samples to include labeling
accuracy and/or tube containers prior to testing.
- Performs all test procedures as outlined in the department's
- Crosschecks results for appropriate correlation's and reports
testing results with accuracy.
- Records all information required on department log sheets,
worksheets, printouts, and file cards, etc.
- Utilizes computer systems to enter and report data.
- Performs proficiency testing, inter-laboratory tests, and
competency assessment as required.
- Completes special assignments in a timely manner with desired
- Completes procedures during assigned work shift, utilizing time
productively. Basic Qualifications: Experience
- One (1) year of experience as a Medical Technician in the
United Sates, if not U.S. trained. Education
- Associate degree or equivalent units. (Equivalent units
include: 36 semester or equivalent quarter units in physical or
biological sciences, 6 semester or equivalent quarter units in
chemistry. 6 semester or equivalent quarter units in biology.)
License, Certification, Registration
- Valid California State Medical Laboratory Technician license.
- Understanding of fundamental scientific principles underlying
laboratory tests. Notes:
- May be required to work in other Ancillary departments up to
50% of the time based on operational needs.
- Variable hours, shift subject to change per operation needs
with advanced notice.
Keywords: Kaiser Permanente Zion Medical Center, Chino Hills , Medical Laboratory Technician, Healthcare , Chino Hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!