Heavy Civil Estimator
Location: chino hills
Posted on: May 3, 2021
As an Estimator, you will prepare and/or coordinate complete
estimates for assigned medium-sized projects, including analyzing
specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare
estimates and preparing portions of contract proposal estimates, to
include the determination of applicable project plans and
What you will be doing
- Reviews proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid
meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of
- Reviews and incorporates historical data from purchase orders,
subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and
- Provides technical input regarding project and contract risks
to lead estimator responsible for final bid price approval. Reviews
final estimate to ensure defined work aligns with overall project
schedule and cost goals.
- Prepares discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff
of scope of work. Calculates material quantity requirements from
engineering drawing dimensions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss
and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Monitors client addendum and advises the estimating team on
changes during the estimate period.
- Assists with design review options and recommends best solution
based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of
- Partners with estimating team to prepare and conduct project
hand-off meetings between pursuit team and project management
- Researches and recommends vendors and subcontractors for
designated scopes of work to achieve pursuit and cost goals.
- Maintains knowledge of Companys values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per managements direction.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or
related field required.
- 5+ years experience in construction industry, estimating or
cost control preferred.
- 5+ years of field experience in Earthwork, Civil / Structural,
or Underground Scope
- Knowledge of HCSS Heavy Bid Estimating Software
- Communication and interpersonal skills for clear and effective
support research, recommendations and pricing.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Time management and strong prioritization skills to meet tight
turnaround and bid deadlines.
- Growing knowledge of alternative construction delivery
Why work for us
Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
We are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans employer.
Salary Min Salary Max
Keywords: Flatiron, Chino Hills , Heavy Civil Estimator, Other , chino hills, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!